Step by Step Help from Your Success Team
Need help planning your academic career? Your school has an engagement center and success team available to provide academic and career counseling, access to resources, and help planning to graduate and transfer. Choose your school (or if you're not sure or undecided, pick any) and get started.
What is a school and engagement center?
Your program of study determines which academic school you receive support from. Each school has a dedicated engagement center with a success team consisting of counselors, faculty and educational advisors, and more — all designed to keep you on track. Not sure what school you fall under? Take the time to learn about MVC's schools or simply speak with any success team member, from any school.
Seeing a counselor helps you graduate on time and complete your goals. Counselors can help you find out about:
- Career counseling
- Creating or updating a Comprehensive Student Educational Plan
- Graduation and transfer requirements
- Associate degree and certificate requirements
- Review of current course work in relation to your program of study
First Time College Students
A first-time college student has never attended college before.
Counseling appointments are available to first-time college students after completing the following steps:
- Application - Submit an application to Moreno Valley College
- Orientation - Complete the online Orientation and First Semester Ed Plan by logging into WebAdvisor. Click on the "Students-Click Here" link and then click on Take Your Online Orientation link. The orientation is designed to introduce you to college life, how to read the schedule of classes, how to enroll in classes, how to enroll in classes and inform you of the programs and services available.
- First Semester Educational Plan - Log into WebAdvisor. You will be prompted to create your One Semester Educational Plan. This will serve as a suggested list of classes to enroll in your first semester, NOT your official class schedule.
Continuing and Returning Students
A continuing student is a student who has maintained continuous attendance while a returning student is a student who has missed a major term (spring or fall). If you are a returning student, you must submit a new application before you receive a class registration date for the following term.
To schedule a counseling appointment, continuing and returning students can:
Transfer student: A student who has completed college coursework at a different institution.
Counseling appointments are available to students transferring from other institutions. In most cases students who are transferring from other institutions are exempt from completing the Assessment, Orientation, and First semester educational plan. Students are encouraged to bring official transcripts from previous colleges attended prior to scheduling an appointment.
To schedule a counseling appointment, transfer students can:
If you have scheduled an appointment, check in by arriving 10 to 15 minutes early to your engagement center location or by logging onto your ConexEd meeting a few minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Late arrival, no show and cancellation policy
Students who do not show or are 10 minutes late will be marked as "NO SHOW" on their appointment record. After three missed appointments (NO SHOWS) you will be required to meet with the Vice President, Student Services before being able to schedule an appointment.
If you are unable to keep an appointment, it is your responsibility to cancel the appointment and give us 1 hour advance notice by texting, emailing or leaving a voicemail.
Make an in-person appointment or online appointment with your Engagement Center Counselor via phone or online. You must have a student email issued by the Riverside Community College District and Moreno Valley College must be your home college.
Make an appointment by:
- Phone or Email: Contact us
- Online: Use ConexEd, our online appointment and meeting system
A student educational plan (SEP) is your roadmap to success. It lists all the courses necessary to achieve your academic goals. Students without an educational plan run the risk of taking unnecessary courses, wasting time AND money. In order for a counselor to assist you in developing a plan, they will need to know the following:
- Your major and/or career goal
- If you are planning to transfer, which university or universities you wish to attend
Student educational plans are constructed through EduNav, an online course planning tool. EduNav allows you to have a comprehensive start-to-end plan as well as a semester-by-semester map of the courses you should take.
If you change your educational goal, major and/or transfer institution, please meet with a counselor to update your educational plan. If you have attended another college/s, you must request to have an official transcript(s) sent to Moreno Valley College before scheduling an appointment for a student educational plan.
We are here to help! Counseling can guide you to the steps you need to get started as a college student. Call or email to make an appointment, or access drop-in services by choosing your engagement center.
Counseling drop-in and appointment hours vary by school and engagement center. Evening counseling is by appointment only.
Call: (951) 571-6104
Text: (951) 888-1414
Monday/Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm
Tuesday/Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Friday: 8 am - Noon