Ensure Your Success
Whether you need assistance with biology, anthropology, physics or history, Tutorial Services has tutors prepared to help you learn, grow and succeed. Regular tutoring allows you to better understand your courses and can help provide the skills and structure to help you earn higher grades. Enrolled MVC Lions can request up to two hours, per course, per week, of free peer tutoring.
Online Tutoring with Pisces
Make an appointment for in-person tutoring through Pisces (requires you to log into Canvas) or simply drop in for a group session in Humanities, Room 219.
If you need help making an appointment, call or text the Learning Center at (951) 251-5708.
Tutoring that works for you
More about your tutoring options
Ace your classes with the help of Tutorial Services! Enrolled MVC students can benefit from two hours, per subject, per week, of FREE group and one-on-one tutoring in most academic subjects.
- Students are allowed two 50 minute sessions per enrolled subject per week.
- Appointments are available on a first come, first serve basis (on the hour) with a maximum of two hours per week, depending on availability of tutor or subject.
- Scheduling for tutoring sessions begins one week in advance beginning Wednesday at 3 pm for the following week.
- Appointments can also be made in-person at the Tutorial Learning Center (TLC) located on the second floor in the Student Academic Services (SAS) building, room 206.
- Students participating in the EOPS, ACES and Guardian Scholars program receive additional
50-minute sessions per week.
- Accounting 1A, 1B, 55 & 63
- Anatomy 10, 2A & 2B
- Art 1, 2, 4 & 7
- Anthropology 1, 2, 4 & 7
- Astronomy 1A
- Biology 1, 11, 30 & 34
- Business 10, 18A, 20, 30 & 51
- Chemistry 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 12A & 12B
- Most Computer Information Systems classes
- Communication 1, 2, 3 & 9
- Early Childhood Education 20, 28, 33, 42 & 54
- Economics 7 & 8
- Geography 1
- History 1, 4, 5, 6 & 7
- Health Science 1
- Humanities 10
- Math 52, 35, 53, 36, 37, 10, 11, 12, 1A, 1B, 1C, 2 & 3
- Medical Assisting 1A, 1B, 54, 58, 59 & 60
- Microbiology 1
- Music 3, 4, 5, 6, 19, 26 & 32
- Physics 10, 11, 2A, 2B & 4A
- Philosophy 10 & 11
- Political Science 1
- Psychology 1, 8, 9, 33 & 35
- Sociology 1, 2, 12 & 20
- Spanish 1, 2 & 3
- And many more!
No, we do not provide tutoring for English and Reading courses. Instead, please utilize the Writing and Reading Center's resources.
Yes! Select special programs offer free peer tutoring as part of their support services. That includes:
- TRIO programs
- Umoja program
- EOPS program
- FYE program
Learning Resources from the MVC Library
The MVC Library can help you complete your assignments by offering access to books, journals, online databases and numerous research materials. As long as you know your student email, you can check out materials and utilize information databases wherever you happen to be.
Become a Tutor
Working for the Learning Center is a great way to earn while you learn! MVC peer tutors hold one-on-one and group study sessions in a variety of subjects to assist students in understanding the material in their classes.