Marketing and Social Media
Get the word out
Send all social media requests to email@example.com. When submitting your request, provide the following:
- A message to share with students that is 280 characters or less. Write in active voice. Avoid abbreviations and chat speak.
- A link, if relevant, where students and the community can get more information. MVC will use a link shortener.
- A graphic that is 1080 by 1080 pixels. Else, request a graphic to be created for your post.
- A date for your advertisement to be shared, whether it should be a recurring post, and when any advertisement should end. Time of day is not guaranteed and unless time sensitive, posts may be shifted to accommodate time-sensitive announcements.
Requests for new social media pages must be submitted to Web Development. Departments and programs may not create their own social accounts on behalf of the college. Web Development will set up your profile. You may not, under any circumstances, share log in credentials. Social media profiles for programs, departments and schools may only be accessed by active MVC employees. Students may not speak or share information on behalf of the College except on club/student organizational accounts.
If you have an active account that is not managed by Web Development, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your account added to our social media management system. All active social media profiles must comply with these requirements, as well as with District and College social media policies. Moreno Valley College will protect its intellectual property by removing any unapproved social media pages carrying the College name or brand. For details, read RCCD Social Media Guidelines.
The division of Planning & Development, with the assistance of MVC Technology Support Services, offers in-house paid social media advertising. Services provided by the College's marketing team include identification of campaign goals, design, and campaign setup and management. Advertising may take place on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Funding must come from your departmental budget and can be allocated for a campaign by completing a budget transfer to an open PO managed by Planning & Development. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Classes, programs, events, workshops, clubs and activities may be advertised on social media. If providing graphics, ensure they are 1080 by 1080 pixels. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print and digital design services for events, programs, and services are available free of charge through RCCD Creative Services and the Printing and Graphics Center. Submit design requests through the RCCD Printing Services Digital Storefront.
- Log in using your employee email and password.
- Be sure to communicate any project deadlines or due dates.
- In the event of non-communicated deadlines, missed due dates are the responsibility of the requester.
Most computers on campus come loaded with a variety of design programs, like Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop for graphics, Illustrator or InDesign for flyers) and Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint for flyers). Here are a few tips:
- Follow MVC's branding guidelines, including logo usage, writing guidelines and typography
- Include the relevant disclaimer (no smaller than size 6 point font on flyers and size 8 on posters)
All marketing materials are subject to review. Submit completed flyers to MVC's public information officer or email@example.com for screening. Changes may be requested to meet branding and style requirements.
RCCD Printing and Graphics offers at-cost printing services for a variety of items. Visit the Digital Storefront to submit your request.
- Flyers should be standard size 8.5 x 11 inches with (if printing) a .125 inch (1/8") bleed.
- Flyers and other documents should be saved in PDF format.
On campus, the Copy Center can print basic flyers on normal printer paper or card stock. Edge to edge printing is not available.
- No advertisements, except time-sensitive announcements such as enrollment, may occur on the MVC homepage.
- Events can be added to the college event calendar through a request to Web Development. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alerts can be posted on program and department web pages to notify students about upcoming important events or deadlines.
- Student news articles can be shared.
- A student email or text message blast can be requested through Enrollment Services.
- The Student Services Digest is a monthly newsletter distributed to students by email. For inclusion, provide a one-paragraph statement about your news to the Division of Student Services. Information must be relevant to all enrolled students. Information that is for students enrolled in a certain program, is duplicative to any information offered on a program/service page, or is outdated, will be removed.
Programs are welcome to display short informational messages on digital signage throughout campus. Find requirements and submit your request online. You may request a graphic created for you, but if providing your own, please ensure:
- Dimentions of 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels tall in landscape orientation. Flyers designed for print and vertical images are not accepted.
- Images in JPEG or PNG format.
- No more than 2 QR codes per slide and if including URLs, use short links.
- Minimal text, large headlines, easy to read in 10 seconds or less.
- Leverage college-approved colors where possible.
- Restrictions: Follow copyright requirements; no course advertisements accepted; all requests subject to approval of Planning & Development.
For paid marketing such as billboards, radio ads, banner placements, and other advertising carried out in the local community, contact District External Relations & Strategic Communications. For social media marketing, see the Social Media section on this page.
Graphic design support is available depending on your project's needs and timelines. Be sure to communicate any project deadlines or due dates. In the event of non-communicated deadlines, missed due dates are the responsibility of the requester.
Digital and Web Graphics
Print and Social Media Graphics
RCCD Printing and Graphics Center
- Design advice
- Design resources (logos, stock photos)