What's new at MVC?
News, presentations and announcements important to MVC employees.
- Student Services Building Renovation: Project begins construction on Thursday, June 1. All student services offices will be consolidated from their locations across the campus to this newly refinished space.
- Student Academic Services Building, Room 121 Upgrades: Room will receive updates to the audiovisual systems (TV wall) and acoustics, ADA modifications, glass tinting and storage. Bids opened March 30 and Board approval is set for April 18. Start of construction is to be determined.
- John M. Coudures, Jr. Plaza Shade Canopy: Construction is ongoing through April 30. This project aims to provide additional outdoor learning space.
- MVC Mural Project: Production of the mural in front of the Humanities Building is ongoing and aims to be completed by the end of spring break. The opening ceremony will be held on May 18 and all are invited.
MVC is driving enrollment efforts through radio ads on KGGI and KATY and multiple digital billboards along interstate 215. Campus beautification is ongoing through soon to come banners for lamp posts and fences. Finally, digital signage is available to share news about services, workshops, events and more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or details.
- Lion's Week is from April 17 to 21. Regional high schools will be invited to explore the campus, apply and learn about what MVC offers.
- Campus equity efforts continue through Allyship Training and the upcoming Diversity Summit, which will feature Dr. Pedro Noguera, who serves as Emery Stoops and Joyce King Stoops Dean of the Rossier School of Education at USC.
- Black Student Success Week will be held from April 24 to 28. In addition to state-led events, MVC will be hosting on-campus workshops and activities.
- Commencement 2023 is on June 9 at 6 pm.
- MVC has met 90% (5,888.87) of the College's annual FTES target (6,539).
- Course fill rates remain low (65%) as the course schedule is built around an annual fill rate of 9,056.65.
- AY 2023-24 targets are 6,705.50 FTES. This is an increase of 257.97 from 2022-23.
- Summer 2023: 616.9
- Fall 2023: 2,802.9
- Winter 2024: 587.4
- Spring 2024: 2,698.3
Conversations with Cabinet and State of the College
Stay on top of what's happening at MVC and other RCCD colleges with regular updates from the President's Cabinet. Recordings of these presentations are available for your review.
Conversations with Cabinet occur monthly during the academic year. Refer to the governance master calendar for upcoming dates.
- April 5, 2023: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- March 8, 2023: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- December 7, 2022: Watch Video
- November 9, 2022: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- June 1, 2022: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- April 6, 2022: Watch Video
- March 3, 2022: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- February 2, 2022: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- October 6, 2021: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- September 1, 2021: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- June 23, 2021: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- June 2, 2021: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- May 19, 2021: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- May 5, 2021: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- April 7, 2021: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- March 24, 2021: Watch Video or Review Presentation