Integrated Strategic Plan
Actionable Goals and Objectives to Drive MVC
Moreno Valley College's Integrated Strategic Plan is a flexible living document, providing midterm actionable goals and objectives to help staff reach the long-term goals and objectives set forth in the comprehensive master plan. The Integrated Strategic Plan integrates goals, objectives and strategies from operational planning documents with actionable data and planning initiatives at the District and state levels.
Annual Report and Update
Moreno Valley College is committed to evaluating and analyzing its progress toward addressing the 26 strategic objectives, goals and initiatives. The annual report provides a large-scale overview of how the College is meeting objectives and reporting on recommendations to address ongoing issues.
Making Decisions with Students in Mind
- Increase training, professional learning, and dialogue amongst all constituents that includes both in-classroom and out-of-classroom experiences to holistically understand the student experience, with a specific focus on racial equity and social justice. [Train - Align Supports with Expectations]
- Build capacity to guide, teach, and train campus constituents around how to engage in that explicitly address issues of equity, race, culture, identity, and other forms of social difference, where we can learn together. [Learn - Challenges with Campus Dialogue]
- Evaluate, change, and implement necessary policies, practices, and procedures to close all equity gaps. [Act & Facilitate - Race and Racial Equity]
- Clarify the Path: Increase the number of students that apply and enroll to Moreno Valley College. [Access & Equity]
- Enter the Path: Increase the number of students that attempt and successfully complete transfer level English and math in their first year and at least 9 units in their course of study. [Access & Equity]
- Stay on the Path: Increase the number of students that persist from fall-to-spring and fall- to-fall semesters, while successfully completing 24 units in their first year. [Success & Equity]
- Ensure Learning: Increase the number of students receiving their educational goal (certificate, degree, or transferring) in 2, 4, and 6 years, with a job in a closely related field. [Success & Equity]
- Expand partnerships with educational partners, K-12 and higher education, to increase access, pathways, and success for students.
- Expand partnerships with community partners, including municipalities and businesses, to increase access, pathways, and success for students.
- Provide programs that contribute to the regional economy and meet industry, community, and workforce development needs.
- Maintain sustainable budget practices that result in a balanced annual budget and a reserve that is at least 1% of the Moreno Valley College overall fund budget.
- Increase external revenue sources to 30% of overall budget ensuring funding available to support student access, success, and equity.
- Practice sustainable fiscal health and strategic enrollment management by reaching 595 (WSCH/FTEF).
- Improve Institutional Effectiveness by conducting annual assessments and to set meaningful measures for a)planning, b)resource allocation, c) governance processes, d) campus climate (including student and employee surveys), and e) data access and usage.
- Recruit and hire an excellent classified professionals, faculty, and management in support of the College mission, while reflecting the community we serve.