Mission, Vision and Values
Moreno Valley College strives to offer equitable, high-quality education that welcomes a community of learners from all backgrounds.
Moreno Valley College is committed to educating and empowering our students, providing equitable access to education, and serving our communities. Moreno Valley College's core mission can be expressed in four words: Education, Empowerment, Equity, Service.
We are committed to helping our students accomplish their dreams.
Moreno Valley College will be recognized as a leading institution in transforming and enriching our students' lives through timely completion, transfer, and workforce development.
Decisions with Students in Mind
Moreno Valley College is committed to making the lives – and future – of students rewarding. The institution makes choices, develops strategies and builds a philosophy that aligns with the strategic goals as well as models its decision-making to support student academic and career goals.
- Increase training, professional learning, and dialogue amongst all constituents that includes both in-classroom and out-of-classroom experiences to holistically understand the student experience, with a specific focus on racial equity and social justice. [Train - Align Supports with Expectations]
- Build capacity to guide, teach, and train campus constituents around how to engage in that explicitly address issues of equity, race, culture, identity, and other forms of social difference, where we can learn together. [Learn - Challenges with Campus Dialogue]
- Evaluate, change, and implement necessary policies, practices, and procedures to close all equity gaps. [Act & Facilitate - Race and Racial Equity]
- Clarify the Path: Increase the number of students that apply and enroll to Moreno Valley College. [Access & Equity]
- Enter the Path: Increase the number of students that attempt and successfully complete transfer level English and math in their first year and at least 9 units in their course of study. [Access & Equity]
- Stay on the Path: Increase the number of students that persist from fall-to-spring and fall- to-fall semesters, while successfully completing 24 units in their first year. [Success & Equity]
- Ensure Learning: Increase the number of students receiving their educational goal (certificate, degree, or transferring) in 2, 4, and 6 years, with a job in a closely related field. [Success & Equity]
- Expand partnerships with educational partners, K-12 and higher education, to increase access, pathways, and success for students.
- Expand partnerships with community partners, including municipalities and businesses, to increase access, pathways, and success for students.
- Provide programs that contribute to the regional economy and meet industry, community, and workforce development needs.
- Maintain sustainable budget practices that result in a balanced annual budget and a reserve that is at least 1% of the Moreno Valley College overall fund budget.
- Increase external revenue sources to 30% of overall budget ensuring funding available to support student access, success, and equity.
- Practice sustainable fiscal health and strategic enrollment management by reaching 595 (WSCH/FTEF).
- Improve Institutional Effectiveness by conducting annual assessments and to set meaningful measures for a)planning, b)resource allocation, c) governance processes, d) campus climate (including student and employee surveys), and e) data access and usage.
- Recruit and hire an excellent classified professionals, faculty, and management in support of the College mission, while reflecting the community we serve.
We seek to empower, transform, challenge and inspire community learners. And just as each student transforms the campus for the better, so do transform students into leaders, innovators, professionals and citizens with integrity.