Congratulations on your accomplishments, MVC Lion. We wish you the best as you begin a new exciting chapter in your life and are excited to celebrate your successes with you at this year's Commencement Ceremony. As you prepare to take your next steps in life, ensure you are ready to participate in Commencement by reviewing ceremony participation guidelines.
All students in all programs are required to apply for graduation on WebAdvisor and be approved in order to participate in commencement. Individuals eligible to participate in the Commencement Ceremony will be notified via their Student Email Account once your Associate (AA/AS) degree and/or certificate application has been reviewed. Your eligibility to participate as AA/AS degree and/or certificate recipient will be noted in WebAdvisor once you receive an email. If you have not activated your student email account, please do so immediately. All information regarding your degree and/or certificate and commencement ceremony will only be sent to your student email.
The application deadline for spring graduation is April 1.
It is our goal to provide a ceremony that is festive, formal, and memorable to all our graduates and guests. We ask for your help in making the ceremony a pleasant experience for all by attentively considering the rights and feelings of the other participants and guests.
The ceremony is marked by dignity and seriousness where the conferring of degrees signifies long, hard work on the part of everyone involved: students, faculty, staff, administrators and families. Everyone in attendance is expected to maintain a measure of decorum consistent with the occasion:
- Students must wear appropriate academic regalia.
- Items that detract from the ceremonies are prohibited (umbrellas, bullhorns, beach balls, large signs, etcetera).
- All electronic devices should be silenced or turned off during the ceremony.
- Graduates and guests must remain seated until the ceremony concludes unless otherwise instructed during the ceremony.
If you have been notified that you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony, we highly recommend purchasing your regalia in advance for proper fitting.
Commencement regalia is on sale at the MVC Bookstore, in-person or online. You must purchase your regalia from the college that you applied for graduation. Please note that regalia for AA/AS degree recipients differs from the regalia of certificate recipients.
If you are in a specialized program such as Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene, Extended Opportunity Program Services (EOPS), Puente, Veterans, or Umoja, verify with your program information on additional program specific regalia and other critical dates.
Associate Degree Recipient Regalia
AA/AS Degree graduates must purchase the cap, gown, tassel, and hood. All caps and gowns must be teal in color. The associate degree regalia package includes cap, gown, hood, and tassel. Students can purchase an XL cap if needed. Eligible students may also be able to purchase an honor cord.
- The Bookstore will have the approved list of students graduating with distinction or great distinction. If you are graduating with distinction, you will purchase a tassel. If you are graduating with great distinction, you will purchase a tassel and an honor cord. Both are available in the Bookstore.
Certificate Recipient Regalia
Certificate graduates must purchase the cap, gown and tassel. All caps and gowns must be teal in color. Students can purchase an XL cap if needed. Certificate graduates are not eligible to purchase a tassel and hood.
Pay it Forward
In the spirit of paying it forward, please consider donating your cap and gown to future graduates of Moreno Valley College who may not have the funds. If you wish to donate, you can do so by dropping off your cap and gown in Admissions and Records (Student Services building, second floor) beginning the day after graduation.
Students will be arranged first by degree recipients with required regalia followed by certificate recipients with required regalia.
Assistance for Students with Disabilities
Procession and Seating Order
- Associated Student MVC (ASMVC) Associate Degree Graduates
- Dental Hygiene Associate Degree Graduates
- Dental Assistant Associate Degree Graduates
- General Associate Degree Graduates
- Dental Assistant Certificate Graduates
- General Certificate Graduates
Your seating placement may be affected by your regalia
If you have applied and are eligible for both an associate degree and certificate, you will be required to march and sit per the regalia you purchased. Students in specialized programs such as Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene, EOPS, Puente, or Umoja will be required to march and sit per the procession and seating order. There are no exemptions to regalia and seating order.
- Example 1: If you are eligible for both an associate degree and certificate but decided to purchase the certificate regalia, you will be required to march and sit with certificate graduates.
- Example 2: If you are graduating with your associate degree, you must purchase the associate degree recipient required regalia and will be required to march and sit with associate degree graduates.
- Example 3: If you are graduating with a certificate, you must purchase the certificate recipient required regalia and will be required to march and sit with certificate graduates.
MVC highly recommends all graduating students attend the Commencement rehearsal to ensure that you understand how the graduation line up (procession) and Commencement Ceremony will be conducted.
- Rehearsal will commence on the Soccer Field (College Park).
- Be on time. Check-in begins promptly at 3 pm!
- Do not bring your regalia to rehearsal.
- Rehearsal is conducted outside. Dress appropriately for summer weather. Be sure to wear sunscreen, cool clothing, a hat, and bring plenty of water.
- Important information will be given regarding the commencement ceremony and valuable information for your guest!