Apply to Graduate
Apply for your degree or certificate
Students may apply for degrees and certificates throughout the academic year during the following four application periods:
- First day of summer term though July 15 to apply for summer
- First day of fall term through October 15 to apply for fall
- First day of winter term through February 1 to apply for winter or spring
- First day of spring term through April 1 to apply for spring
The deadline to apply for each year's graduation ends April 1. Students who apply for their degree and/or certificate during these periods may participate in the Commencement Ceremony as long as they are missing no more than 9 units to graduate and have met all other requirements.
Prepare to Graduate
It is strongly recommended that you meet with a counselor to determine if you are eligible for an associate degree and/or certificate, and if you will meet graduation requirements.
Academic Review is also available on WebAdvisor as a tool for you to review your course requirements.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
Students can apply when the following minimum requirements have been satisfied:
- 45 units have been completed or are in-progress
- All transcripts from other colleges have been received by RCCD. Applicants may log into WebAdvisor to see if transcripts they've ordered have been received.
- In-progress or successful completion of the general education requirements of MVC's ENG-1A or 1AH course with a "C" grade or higher, or the equivalent (unless the student has catalog rights prior to fall 2009).
- In-progress or successful completion of a MVC's mathematics course with a "C" or higher, selected from MAT 1-36 or MAT 53 (excluding MAT 32), or the equivalent (unless the student has catalog rights prior to fall 2009).
All transcripts from other colleges have been received by RCCD. Applicants may log into WebAdvisor to see if transcripts they've ordered have been received.
If you do not meet these requirements your application will be cancelled and you will need to apply again at a later time.
There is no application fee for the degree or certificate application.
- Log into WebAdvisor and under Academic Profile click on the Degree Application or Certificate Application link
- Select Moreno Valley College
- If your desired program of study is not listed, choose one from the drop down menu
- Select one eligible program (MAA###, MAS###, MCE###):
- Choose "Plan B" if you are planning to transfer and are only applying to CSUs
- Choose "Plan C" if you are planning to transfer and applying to both CSUs AND UCs
- Choose no plan if you are only planning to apply for an Associate Degree and are not planning to transfer
- Choose only one plan per program of study, otherwise your application will be cancelled
- If eligible, you can apply for multiple programs of study. You will need to apply separately for each one.
- Verify contact information
Approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the beginning of the term for which you have applied, an email will be sent to the student's RCCD email address. This email will detail the progress and any courses that may still be needed to complete degree or certificate requirements.
- Students receiving a state approved Certificate of Achievement totaling 18 or more units may participate in the commencement ceremony.
- If you have any outstanding fees owed to Riverside Community College District your diploma will not be mailed until all outstanding fees have been paid in full.
Need to submit transcripts or change your records?
All official college transcripts or other appropriate verifying documents must be on file with Riverside City College District in order for the Evaluations/Graduation office to review applications and determine eligibility.
Students should send their transcripts to their home college. Check to see if transcripts have arrived by logging on to WebAdvisor.
Transcripts must be official, in a sealed envelope, and printed no more than 90 days ago.
Moreno Valley College
Attn: Admissions & Records
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551-2045
If your address changes after you have submitted your certificate and/or degree application, you must update your address with Admissions & Records in person with a photo ID or on the Personal Profile in WebAdvisor. After the change is made, students must notify the RCCD Office of Evaluations of the address change.
Name changes must be made in person at Admissions with legal documentation. After the change is made, students must notify the Office of Evaluations of the name change for the degree(s) and/or certificate(s):