Set yourself up for success
Project management ensures a business, team and project stays on track and on budget, hits deadlines, and sets realistic and reachable goals. A project manager helps select the best projects, plans strategies to address concerns like shortages and unexpected delays, and coordinates resources and personnel.
Programs of Study
Project Management Professional
The Project Management Professional Certificate will provide students with proficiency in the processes, organizational structure, and tools that assure that project work yields the desired business results. This certificate program introduces students to a career in project management and further prepares professionals who are already working in the field. This certificate program is designed for individuals who want to become project managers in their respective industries.
More Ways to Learn
Why study project management?
Project management is an ideal career choice for detail-orientated and organized individuals. Demand for skilled project managers is high and you can work in industries like technology, business, construction, manufacturing and more. At MVC, you'll be prepared to understand the project management life cycle, how to manage business resources, plan for and address any risks, and most importantly, how to successfully deliver your project's goals.
What You'll Learn
- The elements of the PM life cycle, including: Plan, Control, and Organize and Allocate Resources.
- An understanding of basic tools and techniques to plan, organize and manage projects.
- How to use technology to analyze project management decisions and to enhance project success.
- An understanding of the principles of team leadership.
- How to apply sound project management practices
Project managers work in a variety of fields. Here are some areas where you'll see demand for a project manager in the Inland Empire:
- Transportation and logistics
- Community development and housing
- Waste management
- Software applications and information technology
- Construction, renovation and facilities planning
- Sales and digital marketing