Important Student Employment Dates
Dates to Remember for Academic Year 2023-24
Students should not be working the holidays unless there is a special event. A student's eligibility to work on holidays, during academic breaks or outside a school term will depend on their funding, budget and enrollment status.
Summer Session (June 20 – July 28)
- June 30 – Last day students can work for the 22-23 academic year based on spring enrollment.
- July 1 – First day of employment for the 2023-2024 academic year. Students may work if hire paperwork has been processed and the supervisor has been notified in writing of the approval. Students must be enrolled in 3 or more units for summer and have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA to be eligible to work.
- July 4 – Holiday
- August 20 – Last day students can work for the summer session if they do not plan to return for the fall semester. Students may work July 29 – August 20 while classes are not in session based on summer enrollment.
Fall Semester (August 21 – December 16)
- August 7 – The first day students may work for the fall semester if they were not enrolled in summer, but are enrolled as of this date for fall in 6 or more units and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. If not enrolled in the required units, but hire paperwork has been processed and approved, the student may work the first week of the semester which is a grace period to get the required units needed to work. They must be in the required units by the second week.
- September 4 – Labor Day Holiday
- November 10 – Veterans Day Holiday
- November 23 – Thanksgiving Day Holiday
- December 25 – Christmas Day Holiday
- December 26 – December 29 – College closure for winter break.
- January 1 – New Year’s Day Holiday
Winter Session (January 2 – February 8)
- January 2 – First day students can work for the winter session. Students must be enrolled in 3 or more units and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- January 15 – Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Spring Semester (February 12 – June 7)
- January 29 – First day students can start working for the spring semester if they were not enrolled
in winter session, but are enrolled as of this date for spring in 6
or more units and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. If not enrolled in the required units by this date, they will be eligible to start the first week of the
semester. The first week of the semester is a grace period. Students must be enrolled in the required number of units by the second week of the semester.
- February 16 and 19 – President Lincoln’s and President Washington’s Birthday Holidays
- April 1 – Cesar Chavez Holiday
- April 8 – April 14 – Spring Break – students may work during spring break if their funding or budget allows it.
- May 27 – Memorial Day Holiday
- June 7 – Commencement – students may work from June 10 through June 30 based on spring semester enrollment if they have funding or budget remaining.
- June 19 – Juneteenth Holiday