Support the educational process
A paraprofessional is a specially trained, credentialed educational professional who supports students in school under the supervision of a teacher. Paraprofessionals can provide one-on-one instructional assistance to a student; help execute or reinforce lesson plans to small groups of children; as well as offer instructional support in a school computer lab, library or media center.
Programs of Study
Associate of Science and Certificate
More Ways to Learn
Why become an education paraprofessional?
What You'll Learn
- How to provide assistance to a teacher in regular classroom settings or in facilitating instruction and supervision to special student populations, such as bilingual/bicultural students, special education students, adult learners, and students learning English.
- How to demonstrate instruction techniques of general classroom, such as assisting with lessons, maintaining order and implementing related assignments.
- How to engage in professional communication with teachers and related school staff.
- Education Paraprofessional
- Educational Technician
- Teacher Assistant
- Instructional Aid
- Classroom Assistant
- Teacher (with further education)