A window into the human experience
Anthropology helps you understand human development over time, from the rise and fall of societies, the development of culture, and how humanity has shaped the world around us. At MVC, you'll receive a foundational education in social, historical, cultural, linguistic and genetic anthropology.
Programs of Study
Anthropology for Transfer
Associate in Arts for Transfer
The Associate in Arts in Anthropology for Transfer affords students the opportunity to study the nature of the human diversity from a genetic, archeological, linguistic and cultural basis. The breadth of Anthropology will be examined to include the historical and contemporary theory and research as the basis from which to gain an in-depth awareness and understanding of humans and the world in which we live.
This program assists students with seamless transfer to a California State University.
Why study anthropology?
What You'll Learn
- How to apply the holistic and comparative perspective inherent in anthropological knowledge to real world problems.
- The ability to use information resources and technology to research current issues in all four subfields of anthropology.
- How to synthesize and integrate theoretical perspectives specific to anthropology and general to the social and natural sciences.
- Teacher (K-12 or Post-Secondary)
- Public Relations
- Library or Information Science
- Community Educator
- Conservationist (Museums, Zoos or Nature Centers)
- Cultural Resource Management