COVID-19 and Safe Return
Vaccine Mandate Lifted, Masks Required Indoors
Your Safety is Our Priority
Vaccine Mandate Rescinded
Effective August 3, the vaccine mandate has been rescinded with Resolution No. 04-22/23. Vaccination against COVID-19 is no longer required to access District and college facilities.
- Wear a face mask while indoors.
- Utilize the free testing provided at campus or in the community.
- Continue to report positive or close contact cases.
A Safe Return to Campus
Masks are required for all individuals in indoor settings and highly recommended outdoors when around other people.
Stricter masking requirements may be enforced during COVID-19 outbreaks or at the requirements of public health agencies.
The MVC Safe Reopening Plan addresses needed safety and policy changes to courses with in-person learning. Our safe return principles include:
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of students and employees
- Meet student needs for equitable access to quality instruction and student support services
- Support instructional needs for the delivery of high-quality courses
- Ensure resource availability to support all instruction and services
- Archive: View 2020-21 Safe Reopening Report
While College services are open for in-person use, coming to campus requires you to wear a mask. Students, employees and the community must follow all safety protocols.
- Wear a mask when indoors.
- Testing is available on campus, for free. Tests may take up to two days to process.
- Report cases of positive COVID-19 tests or instances of close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual to help with contact tracing and campus safety.
Timely reporting helps prevent further spread of COVID-19. All employees and students are required to immediately report if they have tested positive for COVID-19, experience COVID-19 symptoms, or have been identified as a close contact of an infected person.
Students must report any positive test/diagnosis of COVID-19, COVID-19 exposure, or potential COVID-19 symptoms to their college Student Health Services department. Your contact is Tracy Bennett, Director of Health Services at HealthServices@mvc.edu. You may also call (951) 571-6103 or (951) 571-6147.
Employees must report any positive test/diagnosis of COVID-19, COVID-19 exposure, and/or potential COVID-19 symptoms to Risk Management by using the online reporting form (preferred method), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the COVID-19 hotline (951)-222-8662.
Vaccine Mandate Lifted
Moreno Valley College proritizes the health of our communities by being intentional about in-person gatherings. As of August 3, the vaccine mandate has been lifted. Vaccinations remain strongly recommended.
All individuals are required to wear a well-fitted mask while indoors and when directed by CDC, Cal OSHA, RCDPH and California guidelines. Stricter masking guidelines will be enforced (such as outdoor mask wearing) during outbreaks of COVID-19 on campus.
Visitors and Vendors
Visitors and vendors must follow the masking requirements set by the location they are visiting.
Latest News and Updates
- June 1: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- April 6: Watch Video
- March 3: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- February 2, 2022: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- October 6: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- September 1: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- June 23: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- June 2: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- May 19: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- May 5: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- April 7: Watch Video or Review Presentation
- March 24: Watch Video or Review Presentation
Public Health Resources
- What to do if you may be sick with COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- CDC Key Prevention Strategies
- County of Riverside University Health System Public Health
- California Department of Public Health
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Send questions by email to email@example.com or call (951) 222-8662.